JOHANSON'S ADVANCED COMP. I FALL 2005

Greetings Advanced Composition I Students! Welcome to our class "web-log"! This is the site that you can visit to learn to learn how to learn to improve your ACADEMIC WRITING SKILLS! Remember that we are a "TEAM" and that I am not the Professor, but the "FACILITATOR" of this course. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink, right? Of course, I still determine your grade, but only you can really make yourself learn! Go for it!

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Greetings! Please Take Some Time to Appreciate Your Classmates' Blogs for This Course!

Hello Advanced Composition Class Students!

Welcome to our on-line cyber community!

Please take some time to review and leave at least one comment (in English) on your classmates blogs in the form of peer editing regarding one of their entries. All comments must begin accordingly:

Dear X,
I was just reading over your blog and I discovered that X was really interesting. My favorite part about X was YYYYYYYY. I also noticed, however, that perhaps we could discuss CCCCCCCC in class or in a personal discussion. Maybe, for example, ...

[This is called PEER REVIEW and you have all done this before. Keep remarks friendly and constructive. Descriptive and not Prescriptive! For more examples regarding PEER EDITING, please visit the Purdue OWL]

Thanks!

Dr. J.

P.S. [which is an abbreviation of "Post Script"] Kudos (thanks) to CAREY for compiling all of our links and for sending them to me. I appreciate your efforts in doing this.
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Andrew

Peter

Sandy

Grace

Gina

Grant

Brian

Bonnie

Lydia

Colin

Jo

Johnny

Ling Ling

Carey

Frederick

Lauren

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home